Friday, June 18, 2010

Future Imperfect Book Two:Miraculous Deception


Book Two Future Imperfect: Miraculous Deception (to the left, to the left!) is available now via Desert Breeze Publishing, Amazon.com & barnesandnoble.com! If you liked Book One: Crucifying Angel this is the next in the series and picks up where CA leaves off. Here's a little teaser for ya!

Gavin and Nick sat in Charlie's office, silent, shamefaced, bruised and most definitely


hostile. The chief of police paced back and forth around his desk, beyond angry.

"Look at you -- both of you. You're like a couple of bruised up kindergarteners. I don't

know what to say. I have never -- never -- had two detectives fighting each other like two drunks

outside a bar. What the hell is the matter with you?"

Neither man answered.

"Nick?" Charlie waited.

"It's this asshole. He moves into Payce house and immediately starts boinking Amy

Strand from Channel Eight."

Gavin opened his mouth to respond but never got the chance.

"You brought the press into this?" Charlie stared at Gavin, round-eyed.

"Well, not in so many words..." Gavin pressed two fingers against his black eye. "It was

just, sort of... bad judgment. Besides that, nothing ha--"

"Bad judgment? I'll tell you what bad judgment is, McAllister. Bad judgment was the

damned day I hired you."

Gavin said nothing. What could he say?

"That's putting it mildly,' Nick snorted. "Payce--"

"Whoa." Charlie held up an open palm. "I don't want to know what weird triangle you

three have going here, though it's a safe bet Payce has no idea what's going on--"

"She doesn't," Gavin said in a tired voice. His eye began to ache.

"You made damn sure of that you British fu--"

"Nick!" Charlie said. "Enough already. Now, because of the scarcity of budget and

personnel, I am not going to suspend you both or fire you -- which I should -- I am going to let

you both off, each with a written warning." Charlie sat down behind his desk. "You two are

going to have to work this out or I will fire you both and I'll make damn sure you won't be able to

get a job as a security guard in a parking lot. Do you understand me?"

"We're still partners?" Nick deflated a little. Gavin understood the feeling.

"Yes. I can't think of a better punishment for the both of you. You can work it out or

resign. That's your choice now boys. You are dismissed. Get out of my office." Charlie ignored

them swiveling his chair around to gaze out his window at the rapidly rotting city of Las Vegas.
 
*****
Now, if you liked that, guess what!?! Yes, it's another book! Only this time I co-authored it with my sister, Loni Emmert and it's a mystery as opposed to a thriller! I'll be posting an excerpt from that the first chance I get !
In the mean time babies, feel free to up my self esteem by leaving a comment.
The Egypsy Has Spoken!

No comments:

Post a Comment