Friday, April 9, 2010

It's Been A While...

It has been a while since I've visited my little blog here--yes, I know I'm so lax in keeping it up but I really and truly have an excuse this time. It's called getting books published and it takes a hell of a long time both in terms of writing the novel and promoting it shamelessly. I know also that I should utilize this blog more but life just gets in the way on occasion. That being said, I thank my three, yes, count 'em three (3) followers for hanging in there (if you're doggedly still around)! And if you ARE around (or undead, I'll find out about that too--come on you know where that line came from) and are interested in writing or my opinion, http://www.sellingbooks.com/p-i-barrington-author-interview is the link for my latest interview, out today!
I don't keep this blog as a strictly writing blog, mainly because I look at this one as the one fun writing project where I can be...well, me, in all my bitchy glory. Hey, everyone needs an outlet and this is mine.
Right now I feel like a truant English student, ignoring my deadlines and promo opps to wreak havoc upon this little blog and just ramble away with no important writing or other tips and essays for you. I have to admit that my brain does feel a little jello-ish right now what with all this freedom from work. And yes, writing is work. It's just as much work as a factory worker (hmm...there's an interesting thought...a writing factory...I feel an idea coming on...) or a short order cook or a truck driver or an office worker.  The only difference is your boss isn't standing right over you...unless you count your Editor emailing you every five minutes...I made that up...they only email every fifteen minutes. Wait a minute! How did I digress back into writing again?!
No, damn it, no! I'm going to have fun now. Come on, fun, come on. I know you're hiding around here someplace.
Music is my fun. I love it. I love everything about it. I'm debating whether to actually begin reviewing or recommending artists here or put them on my official website. Or double post them. We'll see.
Hey, I just noticed something. On my earlier post, I placed a banner for 30 Seconds to Mars announcing their Las Vegas show tonight. Eerie how I have an obsession for pyramids and they have an obsessive love for triads...kinda spooky. Well though, I also have an obsession with squares and lines, and even, (gasp again!) plaid. Once I bought plaid bed sheets and plaid PJs. And then I wonder why people (including my family members) think I'm a strange woman. It has something to do with linear thought I guess. That's what I tell myself...every day, every single day...
Because I'm having so much stolen fun, I feel generous. I'm going to be nice to 30STM and post their next show banner if I can get it right. A sort of pay it forward concept I guess.



In any case, that's my musical good deed for the day or week or month, who knows when I'll be back--and what I'll be thinking about in linear terms? Pop in every once in a while and leave a comment. How else I am going to remember to come back?
You can even give me your opinion and we can argue about it! I'm good at that. Reeeeeaallly good at it. So, if you dare...

The Egypsy Has Spoken.

No comments:

Post a Comment